Researchers found that among the nearly 2,500 food recalls in the last decade, only 21% were detected by the company itself, while 68% were found during routine or spot testing conducted by external regulatory and inspection bodies.
Concrete steps are required to minimize the risk of a food safety recall — in this complimentary e-book, AIB International experts cover the multifaceted impacts of food safety recalls, as well as provide actionable tips on what companies can do to improve food safety and, subsequently, protect their brands and bottom line.
- Why is the number of food recalls increasing?
- What are the main causes of recalls?
- What are the impacts of a food safety recall?
- How to prevent food safety recalls?
Download today the The Brand and Economic Toll of Food Safety Recalls eBook to better prepare for and/or prevent a food safety recall.
Download the Ebook
This 17-page ebook covers essential steps to preventing a potential recall.
- Why is the number of food safety recalls increasing?
- Impacts of a Food Safety Recall
- Economic Costs
- Brand Repercussions
- Industry Damage
- Short-Term Trade Disruptions
- Practical Steps to Prevent a Food Safety Recall